Who are the Super K's?

Thanks for checking out our blog. We are a family who desires to passionately follow Christ and His calling on our lives. We have chosen to live out our faith through adoption. Why? Because He first loved us. We were chosen by God to be adopted into His family. We believe orphan care is commanded by the Bible and God has equipped us to be an adoptive family. Our redemption through the blood of Christ is all about unconditional love and sacrifice. Adoption reflects these themes on a level we can understand. We are blessed to be the hands and feet of Christ though adoption. We are currently in the process of bringing home our fourth adopted child for total of 8 blessings.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving Forward

Slowly, we are making steps forward toward bringing our baby girl home.  Our homestudy draft will be ready shortly.  It will then go to our stateside coordinator for review before going on to a coordinator in the Ukraine for review. 
We've started to collect the documents necessary for our initial request that will be sent to the Ukraine.  Each document must be carefully written, properly notarized and then sent for review.  Once each document passes review, we'll have to send them to Atlanta to be apostilled. 
Along with doing paperwork, we've also applied for passports (since neither of us has traveled outside the US except for Cananda and Mexico and that was back in the day when passports were't required), gotten travel immunizations, wired money for our first Ukranian fees, and started our fundraising efforts. 
Some days it seems like it will never all come together, but I know it will.  There is a certain song that has really been encouraging me.  I can't remember having a favorite song since the days of cassette singles in little cardboard sleeves.  In third grade me and some of my friends rode bike to the music store in the mall and bought a Bon Jovi single - that's the last time I remember really wanting to listen to a song over and over and over...  Now when I get discouraged or just need to remember why I am doing what I am, I head over to you-tube to listen to Sidewalk Prophets, Live Like That.  When Greg and I were praying about taking this leap of faith, this song really spoke to us.  We want to live like that! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the song- one of my favorites right now!!!! Praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete